Positive Pay is the leading fraud prevention solution designed to help protect your business against the ever-growing threat of altered, forged or counterfeit checks.
How It Works
Clients upload a file through online banking that contains key pieces of information pertaining to each check that is issued, including the name of the payee.
When a check attempts to clear the account, the bank validates if the check is legitimate by comparing that check to the list of issued checks previously provided to the bank.
If the information on the check being presented matches the information on the list of issued checks, the check clears just the same as it does without Positive Pay in place.
If there’s a discrepancy between the check and the bank’s record of issued checks, known as an Exception Item, clients are alerted to view an image of the Exception Item within online banking where they choose whether or not to have the bank pay the check.
For additional information on how to protect your organization with Positive Pay, please send an email to Treasury Management Solutions.
Safely deposit checks without ever leaving your office. With Remote Deposit, your checks can be securely deposited into any Cornerstone Bank checking or savings account electronically.
- Faster funds availability
- Checks are deposited with just a few simple steps. The quicker the funds are sent to the bank, the faster they are available to you.
- Make deposits 24/7
- Remote Deposit allows you to deposit checks electronically 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Deposits made by 4:00 p.m. on any business day will be credited same day.
- Free up your day
- Preparing deposits electronically is very efficient, reducing labor costs, cuts costly courier fees, and trips to the bank.
- Consolidate funds from remote locations into one bank
- Check deposits can easily be made from any remote office or workplace. This allows you to consolidate deposits from multiple locations into a single bank.
- Reduce risk of check fraud & improved security
- Multiple layers of security including password protection, Internet firewalls, and 128-bit encryption provide the highest level of security available.
- Check Scanner provided by Cornerstone Bank & Trust Company.
- PC with current version of Windows 7 Professional or greater, at least 1GB of RAM and a USB 2.0 Port.
- Software & Connectivity
- High Speed Internet Connection (T1, DSL or Cable)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (most recent version), Chrome
- Remote Deposit Software
Simply stop by a conveniently located Cornerstone Bank branch and sign up or contact a Cornerstone representative for more information today!
Cornerstone Alerts keep you informed and in control
Easily monitor your online accounts via email with Cornerstone Alerts. You decide what alerts are important to you and where you want to receive them.
- Set up Cornerstone Alerts to be notified of key activity on your Cornerstone accounts
- Receive notification of your balances and important activity
- Know when your direct deposit has arrived
- Get faster notification of overdrafts
- Track your debit card spending to stay within your budget
- Monitor your card transactions such as online, phone or international purchases
Stay organized and go paperless.
Sign up for Online Statements and get access to up to 7 years’ worth of statements including check images for your deposit accounts. It’s secure, eco-friendly and FREE!
Features and Benefits
- They are convenient – View, save and print your statements, without waiting for them to arrive in the mail.
- Get email alerts automatically – Set up alerts and receive an email when your statement is available online.
- Reduce the possibility of mail fraud – Get secure access to your statements through online banking and reduce the possibility of mail fraud.
- Eco-friendly and free – There is no cost to you to receive statements online.
- Printable Statement – View, print or save a PDF version of your statement, which is the same as your printed statement.
- Checks You can view, print or save images of your checks.
Through Cornerstone National Bank’s online secure messaging and document storage system, you are able to send, receive and store email and information securely. A plug-in to your Outlook is available for your convenience. To access the online secure messaging and document storage system click here or for additional information please contact us.
Online Check Reorder
Running low on checks? No problem.
Cornerstonenb.com is your online connection to reordering checks purchased from Cornerstone’s preferred check products provider. Fast and secure. Place your order online 24/7, on your own schedule. To reorder checks, please click here. For your convenience, checks can also be ordered within your online banking account.
Receive large bank products, with a small bank feel. We offer a wide variety of currency services which include the following and more:
- Check Collection, Coin & Currency Services
- Check Payment
- Control Disbursement
- Sweep Account
- Wire Transfers
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Vault Services
Contact a Personal Banker to learn more about our services.
- Cornerstone’s merchant processing service offers EMV (Europay, MasterCard® and VISA®) electronic payment solutions for your business.
- EMV Chip Card and Contactless Technology offers enhanced security. EMV is a global standard for cards equipped with computer chips and the technology used to authenticate chip-card transactions.
- Quick approval and free set-up.
- State-of-the-art EMV processing.
- Cards can be accepted in person, online and over-the-phone.
- Competitive pricing plus 24/7 customer support.
For more information, please send an email to Merchant Services
Fast-Track Your Receivables Processing
Cornerstone Lockbox allows you to efficiently collect and reconcile your association’s receivables while improving your cash flow. Incoming payments are collected at a secure post office box and transported directly to the bank for processing.
Features & Benefits
- Centralized Collections
- Same-Day Deposits
- Improve cash flows by accelerating collection times
- Reduce your exposure to lost, misplaced, or mishandled payments
- Improve the accuracy of posting your receivables
- Easily upload information to your accounting software
- Access retail lockbox reports 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Control which payments are posted
- Contact a Personal Banker at 847.654.3000
Interested in learning more?
Contact Us about Lockbox services